vrijdag 15 juni 2012

I use Nightjars and Woodcocks as alarmclock

Yesterday I held CES 7 at my ringing site. Since I didn't have too much time due to driving lessons in the afternoon I slept at the ringing site so everything would go quicker. I went to sleep with a singing Woodcock, I heard it constantly while I tried to fall asleep, not the easiest thing when you hear the Woodcock all the time! I woke up three minutes prior to my alarmclock (I also had the alarmclock set in my mind;)) and just after I awake I heard a singing European Nightjar for maybe a minute, it then went quiet. The weather was great! It was cold in the early morning (6 degrees) but it warmed up pretty quickly.

Two pics from the early morning

Totals below:

Blackbird 1 -
Blue Tit 1 -
Great Tit 6 - 2
Great-spotted Woodpecker 1 -
Pied Flycatcher 5 -
Redstart 1 -
Robin 2 - 2
Song Thrush 1 -
Short-toed Treecreeper 3 -
Willow Tit 1 -
Willow Warbler - 1

Total 22 - 5 = 27

 Great-spotted Woodpecker (Dendrocopos major), female; noisy screaming b*tch
 Short-toed Treecreeper (Certhia brachydactyla), juvenile; all three hanging in the same net
 Willow Tit (Poecile montanus), juvenile
Redstart (Phoenicurus phoenicurus), adult female
 Pied Flycatcher (Ficedula hypoleuca), recently fledged juvenile; cute!
And a pic to illustrate how hard sexing Pied Flycatchers can be in the field, the males can be so brown!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten