zaterdag 13 oktober 2012

Massive migration!

Did some ringing in my garden today. It had been a while since I'd done some good ringing in my garden so it was nice to do it again. Opened a 6 metre at 7:00 and the end result wasn't bad!

Blackbird 1
Blue Tit 5
Dunnock 1
Great Tit 15
House Sparrow 1
Song Thrush (new for the garden)

Total 23 - new record for the garden

 Song Thrush (Turdus philomelos), 1cy
 Great Tit (Parus major), >1cy male
 A very pale Great Tit (Parus major), male, not sure about the age with this very pale bird
Here a photo of the belly

My dad and I also did some birding along the IJssel. We went to the Rammelwaard and encountered massive thrush, Skylarks and Chaffinch/Brambling migration. One group after the other passed by, really cool! Among those birds were some Siskins, Hawfinch, 3 Sparrowhawks, 2 Kingfishers, Water pipit and a Great White Egret. A nice day for the county!

Great White Egret (Ardea alba)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten