zaterdag 9 maart 2013

Boooombycillas!

Last Tuesday a group of 8 Waxwings had been discoverd in the south-eastern part of Apeldoorn, approximately 5 mins from my home:) But since I was in Wageningen the past days I didn't have the possibility to visit them.

I decided that I would give them a visit today, since it is so closeby. There was only one thing: it was raining. What a sh*tty weather! It's always like that, when you have free time it's raining! Nevertheless, around 13.00 things cleared up a little and I went there. Arriving at the exact spot I saw them immediately. There were also some other birdwatchers looking at these beautiful Waxwings.

They were initially perched high up in the tree, but every now and then they came down to feed on Cotoneaster berries.

As a result of the terrible light and the rain, most photos I took weren't really sharp. Anyway, I managed to get a few reasonable shots. I also made a recording with my phone of the Waxxies. Very nice!



Waxwings (Bombycilla garrulus)

Maybe I will try and get some better photos tomorrow, when the light is better!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten