vrijdag 22 oktober 2010

Krammers!

The thrushes are now really conspicuous everywhere. Yesterday I had a large group of Redwings and Fieldfares flying overhead at home. Today they were numberous at every part of the Hoog Buurlosche heide.
I did a migration count from 8.30 till 10.30. The higlights included 5 Redpolls. I also had a probable group of 3 Grey wag's but I could only see a black silhouet and they didn't call so I left them unidentified. While cycling to the HB-heide this morning I had a Grey Wag flying over so I had at least 1 Grey wag today;)
The totals are:
Also see: http://trektellen.nl/trektelling.asp?telpost=277&land=1&site=0&datum=20101022&
                                                             Jackdaws on the move
After the count I decided to check a large cropfield situated on the northern side of the heathland.  That was a good choice. The cropfield was filled with thrushes. Approximately 250 Redwings, 50 Fieldfares (excluding a group of 150 flying by), 100 Chaffinches, 15 Bramblings, 3 Mistle Thrushes and 3 Song Thrushes. There was also a pair of noisy Black Woodpeckers present. There were also 5 Stonechats present. Amongst all these birds I found a Water Pipit! It was foraging on the crop field and showed well. I didn't expect to find a Water pipit near the heathland. Therefore it was also a new Hoog-Buurlosche heide species for me.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten