vrijdag 27 april 2012

Because House Sparrows are too mainstream

I ringed this clearly overweight individual this morning in my garden:
Wood Pigeon (Columba palumbus)
Wing of the Wood Pigeon, >2cy

After the morning's session I set off to my ringing site on the Veluwe. It was great driving through the forests and hearing all the returned passerines. Activity everywhere! Chiffchaffs, Willow Warblers, Redstarts, Pied Flycatchers, Song Thrush etc, everything was singing. In the more open areas Wood Larks and Yellowhammers were numerous, as well as a few singing Stonechats. All species of tits were active as well.
Great habitat to drive through in this season!
 Radio Kootwijk, with the cathedral in the back.
Hoog Buurlo

At my ringing site I checked a few nestboxes that have been hung there. Quite a few were occupied. In one nest I already found few days old chicks (1 day old?) of Great Tits.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten