dinsdag 6 september 2011

Will it ever stop raining?

I know, it's becoming a bit boring to mention it again: but it still hasn't stopped raining! There is this huge front passing the east of North America. This front is the left-over from the so-called tropical storm Lee. Lee has already caused floodings and tornadoes in the south and is now about to cause floodings up north!
Below a pic of Lee:

So this morning no banding. I slept till 9.30 and after I had some breakfast I went to the banding lab. I helped Amy, who runs the biacoustic lab, with selecting flight calls of birds that were recorded on microphones in southern California in the desert at night.  Apart from hearing wind and noise I heard Coyote's, warblers/sparrows and an owl on the clips.

The banding lab (on a sunny day!)
The creek behind our cabin, which is now about to flood

And last but not least a few more 'wing photos' of last week:
Chestnut-sided Warbler, hatching year male
Blackburnian Warbler, hatching year male
Yellow-billed Cuckoo, hatching year

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten