donderdag 30 augustus 2012

Morinellus!

It has been a while since I posted something on this blog. Since my gap year has ended I have to start studying again. Exactly one year ago I was sat in my cabin in the Pennsylvanian woods, banding birds at Powdermill! A weird thought!

 Last week I had my introduction week to Wageningen University where I'm going to study Forest en Nature Conservation. This week I've been busy with my introduction period to a student's union and coming week will be my first week of college, and I will also be busy with the students union so there's not much time for birding!

In between all the student things I've had some time for birding. Last week I had a new species for my county: two Tawny Pipits near the Hoge Veluwe. A very nice observation. Yesterday, at the same location, I went to see an Ortolan Bunting that had been present there for a day. Together with my dad and Maarten we saw and heard the bird briefly. Also a county tick.

Since a few days 2 Dotterels have been present at the Kootwijkerzand, together with some Tawny Pipits. This morning I cycled to the Kootwijkerzand to try and find the Dotterels. And after some intensive searching I was lucky!

I spent a few hours lying next to the birds, enjoying every moment of it! 

Dotterels (Charadrius morinellus), both 1cy birds

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten